Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a cloud-based business management solution for small and mid-sized organizations that automates and streamlines business processes and helps you manage your business. Highly adaptable and rich with features, Business Central enables companies to manage their business, including finance, manufacturing, sales, shipping, project management, services, and more. Companies can easily add functionality that is relevant to the region of operation, and that is customized to support even highly specialized industries.
Business Central is fast to implement, easy to configure, and simplicity guides innovations in product design, development, implementation, and usability. Customers that select Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central have a choice of either “Essentials” or “Premium”, in addition to either a Cloud ERP or On-Premise Deployment. With either deployment, the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Manufacturing Capabilities “Premium” Version give you all of the vast functionality in “Essentials” plus robust manufacturing features such as:
1. Production Bill of Materials As a required protocol for the configuration of all other Manufacturing modules, this enables you to create bills of materials and calculate standard costs.
2. Production Orders The Production Orders module includes a manual supply-planning tool as an alternative to automatic planning, and with it you can create and manage production orders while posting consumption and output to those orders. After a production order is created, you can calculate net requirements based on that production order.
3. Agile Manufacturing This enables you to run the Agile Manufacturing, Supply Planning and Capacity Planning modules.
4. Version Management Create and manage different versions of the manufacturing bill of materials and routings.
5. Supply Planning Plan material requirements based on demand with support for master production scheduling and materials requirements planning; basic Supply Planning encompasses:
a) Automatic production/purchase orders
b) Action messages for fast and easy balancing of supply and demand
c) Support for “bucket-less” and “bucketed” material requirements planning
d) Setup for items with their own reordering policy, whether manufactured by or purchased from a third party
6. Demand Forecasting Manage demand forecasting based on items and input demand (sales) forecasts for products and components in a more convenient way (daily/monthly/quarterly).
7. Sales and Inventory Forecasting You can take advantage of the Sales and Inventory Forecast extension to gain deep insight about potential sales and a clear overview of expected stock-outs; the built-in Cortana Intelligence leverages historical data to help you manage your stock and respond to your customers.
8. Capacity Planning Add capacities (work centers) to the manufacturing process by setting up routings and using them on production orders and in material requirements planning.
9. Finite Loading Manage finite loading of capacity-constraint resources; through Finite Loading, you can take capacity constraints into account so that no more work is assigned to a work center than the capacities can be expected to execute during a given time period.
10. Machine Centers Designed to help you manage capacity of a single machine/producing resource, machine centers allows you to plan/manage capacity on several levels – on a more detailed level for machine centers and on a consolidated level for work centers.
For more information about using Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for Manufacturing, contact us today.