Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 is like your old car that’s falling apart but still gets the job done – it is only a matter of time before it’s a necessity to upgrade. GP 2013 has reached the end of its lifecycle and you’ve now lost some of the software’s most important features.
Mainstream support for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 ended on April 10, 2018. Here are 7 reasons why it’s time to upgrade:
1. Your data is at a greater risk for security breaches since you won’t have access to security patches and hotfixes.
2. You lose the tax table and year-end updates features.
3. You are no longer able to update your 3rd-party software programs to their latest version or get support from the software vendors.
4. You will lose compatibility with new servers and operating systems.
5. Your access to Microsoft tech support won’t be what it used to be. Should you have any major issue with Dynamics GP, like data corruption, Microsoft won’t be able to help fix it.
6. It keeps you compliant. By upgrading, you remain compliant with current tax laws and accounting best practices.
7. Anytime, anywhere access – The redesigned web client allows you to access Dynamics GP from the office, on the road, at home and anywhere in between on a PC or mobile device.
Delaying a GP upgrade can really cost you in the long run. In delaying your upgrade, your business is at risk for more issues including tax regulation problems and security threats.
An additional benefit to upgrading is that you have robust workflow capabilities, including document attach across the windows you use most often. You also have access to new enhancements, features, and functionality once you finally upgrade! It’s time to trade that old car in and allow your business to thrive.