Since Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is part of the Microsoft Office 365 suite, there are many great features included. One of these features is Edit in Excel. With this Add-in, the option “Edit in Excel” is enabled within Business Central, which allows users to export the data in an Excel workbook. Users can then quickly and securely modify the data directly from Excel and re-publish them in their ERP without leaving Excel. There is no need to fuss with an integration tool or labour for hours keying into Business Central. Edit in Excel is the easiest way to modify your data in Business Central.
Edit in Excel allows you to quickly and easily:
- Update descriptions on accounts
- Change customer addresses
- Load a set of new accounts
- Add a new group of customers or vendors
- Import large journal entries
To implement this function it will be necessary to meet the following requirements:
- Users will have to authenticate with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- Enable OData authentication using SSL.
- Install and configure Business Central Web Server to use SSL (https).
- If your deployment is multitenant, Business Central Web client must accept host names for tenants.
- Business Central client computers must have a supported version of Excel. At present the minimum requirement is Excel 2016.
If you are interested in learning more about the Edit in Excel function, or any other Business Central features, please contact us here. One of our Microsoft Dynamics experts will be happy to help.