The accounting team is always looking for ways to become more organized and efficient, and strengthen internal controls. They’re looking to drive efficiency and productivity out of their accounting system and finance department. MS Dynamics GP Workflow is the tool to get the job done! Dynamics GP Workflow is most commonly used to allow transactions and records to be held for approval. Those items flow to the appropriate approver(s) based on conditions specified in the setup windows. Dynamics GP 2018 includes 6 new Workflow capabilities that can replace many commonly used manual processes and will have your finance department organized and efficient in no time.
6 Workflow Capabilities from Dynamics GP 2018:
- Reminder Emails for Workflow: Using the reminder functionality, set up a GP workflow to create a reminder email in the event that someone forgot to complete an approval. You can reuse existing messages and modify with comments for the reminder.
- Copy Workflow Step: Allows you to select and copy a workflow step to another workflow. This simplifies the messaging and approval process, allowing companies to avoid repetition in creating a workflow. This is great time saver!
- Reporting for Workflow: Visibility into the workflow process with additional fields in workflow reporting including filters by workflow type, workflow approvers, workflow status and approval date. The reports also include the workflow comments as an option. This is a great tool for tracking workflow.
- Additional Fields in Payables Transaction Workflow: Five additional fields including: Vendor Account, Vendor Master Comment 1, Vendor Master Comment 2, Vendor Class ID, and Payment Priority.
- Additional Fields in PO Workflow: Add more detail to the automated messages for PO Requisition or PO Approval and include relevant fields in the message like the account description.
- New Workflows for New Accounts, Receivings Transactions and Purchasing Invoices: New workflows have been added to control the addition of general ledger accounts, purchase receivings transactions, and purchasing invoices. The workflow for general ledger accounts can be initiated from any area of the system for any new accounts, or for any accounts that are in a workflow state.
There are so many benefits to using Dynamics GP Workflow. As part of our role as a Gold Certified Microsoft Dynamics Partner, we love offering tips & tricks and updates about Microsoft Dynamics GP. Sign up for our newsletter or contact our team directly. We’d love to hear from you!