Here’s the scoop on Dynamics GP 2018 R2 – it’s scheduled to be released October 1, 2018!
The October release will be the first part of a link with Dynamics 365 Business Central called Intelligent Edge & Cloud. This feature will allow the sync of some data from Dynamics GP and other on-premises Dynamics applications (AKA Edge devices) to Business Central and the Common Data Service for additional functionality. In the initial phase, only non-historical data will be replicated:
• GL Accounts and beginning balances
• Customers and outstanding transactions
• Vendors and outstanding transactions
• Items and quantity on hand
Check back often as we will offer more information as it becomes available.
Proposed Dynamics GP 2018 R2 Features:
* Although they likely are going to stay as follows, they are still in QA so there’s no guarantee.
• Monthly Recurring Batches improvement: an option for “use last day of the month” instead of simply adding a month to the last transaction date.
• Enhancements to Inventory HITB to help with performance by excluding items with no quantity or no value
• New option in Posting Setup around “Allow Transaction Posting” to choose “Post Thru GL”. Not all posting options will have this. We have more info when Feature of the Day starts.
• Purchasing All-in-One View will now display vendor document number.
• SOP Navigation List now has an option to print documents in Originating currency, not just Functional. Those using Multicurrency will find this helpful.
• Inactive Chequebooks can be hidden in the lookups.
• Email support now added for Purchase Order “Other” form.
• Email Customer statements right from the customer maintenance window.
• New option in System Preferences to hide Business Analyzer for all users as very few people use Business Analyzer
• Password length increased to 21 characters to accommodate those clients who require complex passwords
Here is the latest Microsoft Dynamics GP Roadmap through 2020: